How to choose the right people.
In a previous life I worked as an auctioneer with a high profile big branded company.
Quite a few people would use our services just for the high profile name and the reassurance it would bring that they would get the best possible service, present company excluded this was not always the case.
I will give you a few pointers on how to choose the right Auctioneer for you!
Like with all choices of this nature the main thing to do is To Do Your Homework...
• Ask friends or family if they have used an Auctioneer in the past and what was the service like, a good recommendation is priceless.
• Check your local area and see what For Sales signs are up and especially ones with the all-important Sale Agreed on.
• Look on the property web sites and see which agents are specialising in your location.
• Pick three agents that you feel would provide the best service.
• Checkout the websites of the three agents you have shortlisted and see how professional these are, a good web site is a great reflection of a company!
• Invite the three Auctioneers to value your property. (If you are thinking of selling a property these should be free of charge).
• Rate the Auctioneer, Were they on time? Presentation? Local knowledge? Marketing material?
• Never make your decision on who quotes the lowest fee and the highest asking price, this should always be measured and balanced.
Finally when you have done all of the above forget about everything and ring the Property Professionals Colbert & Co...
Colbert & Co